Teeth Cleaning in Grande Prairie
Whether you are new to West GP Dental or you are a familiar face around the office, you will always receive a comprehensive dental exam and cleaning from our dentists and hygienists.
Your appointment will consist of:
- Examination of diagnostic X-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: A thorough examination of your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Checking the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Checking of current fillings, crowns, etc.
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for some time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease.
- Teeth polishing: Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling.
We understand that ‘life happens’ or that dental care and regular hygiene can be postponed because of past unpleasant dental experiences, facing dental anxiety or financials however with regular maintenance you are ensuring your overall health – it is never too late to begin a program of dental care.
At West GP Dental we are ‘Doing Dentistry Differently’ and we stand by that promise – from making you feel right home with Netflix to answering every question or concern you might have.
Call or Request a Booking Online
Symptoms of Periodontal Disease
Swollen, puffy and bleeding gums
Spaces between teeth