Denture Implants in Grande Prairie
Are you missing teeth due to an injury, illness, or old age?
Having very few teeth or no teeth at all can make communication difficult, as well as chewing food. Dentures have been around for many years and have helped people struggling with tooth loss eat and talk comfortably. That noted, many people who have conventional dentures face a variety of challenges that make social situations awkward. Food trapped under the dental plate gives them terrible breath, and they may have problems when talking. These dentures are notorious for moving about in your mouth and, in some cases, fall out when you sneeze or cough. They can also irritate your gums and make it difficult to chew your food.
That is why West GP Dental offers Denture Implants Grande Prairie. Denture implants are attached to your gums, so they do not move around and work like regular teeth. Our dental surgeon, Greg Broyde, is experienced, professional, and friendly. He will take the time to listen to you and help you get the dental solution you need. We offer denture implants as an alternative to traditional dentures to help enhance the quality of your life.
At West GP Dental, we offer the best denture implants Grande Prairie,. Our dentist, Greg Broyde, is well trained and has the experience that makes him one of the best in the field. The staff at our clinic is friendly and professional.
When is the best time to get denture implants?
Get your denture implants immediately after you have your teeth extracted. To qualify for denture implants, you should be missing most of your teeth, either due to an accident, old age, or illness. You need not live with gaps in your mouth that make you uncomfortable; you can call WestGPDental to make an appointment for denture implant surgery. Denture implants are also an excellent replacement for your uncomfortable conventional dentures.
The Process for Denture Implants
You will need to go into the clinic for a first consultation. During this visit, the doctor will take your complete history. They will need to know about health conditions you may have and prescription and non-prescription medication that you are taking. During the visit, they will take dental x-rays so that they can create models.
What are Denture Implants?
Dental implants involve putting in titanium or zirconium screws into your jaw and then attaching a denture to them. Dentists generally use four screws in each jaw, but you can have up to 10 screws to hold your dentures in place. These implants can serve you for the rest of your life when correctly placed, and if you take good care of them.
The dentist may also request a CT scan to locate nerves and find out how much bone is available. Denture implant screws are usually placed in the front part of your mouth because there is more bone there. If you do not have enough bone, our dentist, Greg Broyde, will recommend bone grafting.
You will need another appointment to have the screws inserted. During this process, the doctor makes an incision and places the titanium or zirconium implant. He will do this for all the screws that you need for your denture implant.
After the implants heal and fuse to the bone, you will need to go back to the clinic to get your dentures. This entire process, including healing, takes between 3 and 6 months. The best part is that you will be able to eat, smile, and talk with confidence again. We also offer All-on-Four denture solutions at West GP Dental.
All-on-Four Denture Solutions in Grande Prairie
This denture solution involves the placement of four implants and the dentures in one appointment. Since you do not need to visit the clinic many times, it will save you money. Since it does not involve bone grafting, you will not have to deal with bone deterioration, especially if you are older. The All-on-Four treatment involves minimal pain and discomfort, and your new teeth will work just like your original set.
Benefits of the All-on-Four Denture Solution
Here are some of the benefits of getting the All-on-Four denture treatment at WestGPDental.
- Saves you Money: Unlike other treatments, which require up to 10 implants, you only need four implants for the all on four implants, which will cost less.
- Immediate Results: Getting the all on 4 implants ensure that you leave the clinic with a full set of teeth. You will not need to wait for weeks for the dentist to decide that you are ready for your dentures.
- Improves your Appearance: With age, tooth loss and jawbone deterioration affect the appearance of your face. Tooth loss can also mean increased wrinkles. Getting the all on four implants will improve your smile and lower facial decline. Your teeth will look natural as the implant will be designed to fit the contours of your mouth.
- Improves the Quality of your life: Conventional dentures cover the roof of your mouth and make it difficult to enjoy your food. With the All-on-Four implant, you will be able to chew your food naturally, and since it does no cover the roof of your mouth, you can savor all the flavors. You can also eat any food you like, whether in a public place or at home, without fear of embarrassment.
- Long-lasting Smile: The all on four implants offer our patients a long-lasting smile since they do not need to be removed and will not fall out. With good cleaning and care, they will serve you for the rest of your life. It is important to note that the all on 4 implants are easy to clean. Simply floss, brush regularly, and visit the dentist at least twice annually.
- Eliminate Problems Associated With Missing Or Falling Teeth: Having an All-on-Four implant will ensure that you have a healthier mouth. It will protect you from periodontal disease, bacterial infections, and inflamed gums. Periodontal disease is associated with strokes, heart attacks, diabetes, and other severe health conditions.
If you are looking for Denture Implants Grande Prairie, contact our office today. Our dental surgeon Dr. Greg Broyde will help you get back your beautiful smile.
Howdy! I'm Dr. Gregory Broyde
BSc, DDS, Owner at West Grande Prairie Dental
And I have personally overseen the development of this website’s content to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information provided!
Questions? Feel free to reach out to me by contacting our office today!