After completing treatment for substance abuse disorder, you still have to work hard towards staying sober. For many people, this is often the most difficult part of the journey, and it gets even more challenging if you live in a high-risk environment. The stress and pressure could be too much to bear, little wonder many rehabilitation programs record a worryingly high relapse rate.
The most effective way of making your sobriety journey easier is to surround yourself with a network of knowledgeable people who can guide you along the way and hold you accountable for your missteps. The Plan Case Management’s sober companion support services fit this bill, and we have helped thousands of people struggling with addiction stay committed to their sobriety vows.
Who is a sober companion?
A sober companion is someone that guides recovering clients along the road towards lifelong sobriety. They are mostly employed in the early post-rehabilitation phase, and their job is to help their clients with the transition until they can stand on their own. Often, the people who volunteer or are employed as California sober companions have struggled with drug addiction themselves. They know what it feels like to be hooked on a substance, and they have been through the ups and downs of the recovery road. However, they have traveled the road for f far longer than the people they’re guiding.
What are the benefits of having a sober companion in California?
Sober companions and coaches have proved quite useful for many recovering clients, especially at the transitioning phase. Below are some of the important advantages of utilizing a California sober coach.
- Ensures you make healthy life choices such as exercising, meditating, and eating well
- Serves as a pillar of strength and support during the lows
- Gives an air of certainty and consistency since they are always available, even when other friends or family members do not show up.
- Provides a listening air when you need someone to talk to. And since they are non-judgmental and non-biased, it’s much easier to talk to them.
- Provides motivation and inspiration while sharing tips on how they have come this far
- Teaches life skills that are integral towards facilitating a healthy transition
- If you’re enrolled in a 12-step program or some other similar support group, a sober companion in California ensures you keep your appointments and participate fully in group activities.
It’s vital to note that you can only enjoy the benefits highlighted above if you have the right sober companion. That’s the more reason why you have to be meticulous in your choice of a sober companion.
Contact the leading sober companion service providers in California
If you or your loved one needs the services of an experienced sober companion in California, do not hesitate to get in touch with The Plan Case Management. We are one of the leading recovery services providers in California. Our case management, sober companioning, intervention services, and drug detox treatment have helped many clients stay true to their sobriety vows. Call us on (805) 335-4646 to schedule an appointment.
Sober Companion California